SS15 La Strada per CABIRIA and Cabiria Collections

March 15, 2011

Help Wanted: size 14 fit model in Atlanta

Hey friends!

We're inching closer and closer to having our collection together, having the patterns made, the fabric sourced, the accounts readied, and all the other madness that goes into making a business take flight. Now I'm hoping to find the elusive Fit Model in a size 14. I know that the size 20 and size 24 fit models are covered (essentially that would make a Small, Medium and Large), but it's more difficult than you'd think. So if you know anyone (or you ARE anyone) who measures 46-41-50, is a D cup - DD cup, and is between 5'5 - 5'8, and has a bit of a belly (bottom is fine too, but I need someone with belly), PLEASE get in touch with me at eden@cabiriastyle.com. Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, those measurements confuse me. I am currently measure 46-40-50, 5'5 and I'm a 16/18, but not a 14. Is fit model sizing different than the sizes I buy off the rack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, RobinWB - in actuality, I reviewed more size standards and realized I was allowing too much play in the numbers, so I revised the fit. The fit size I have for a 14 now is 43-37-46, and a 16 is 46-40-49, so you're right about the size 16 as well.

    The truth is that sizing is somewhat arbitrary - it's determined by averages of many many figures, the body morphology of your target demographic (i.e. a 50 year old's breasts will be lower in position on the bodice than a 16 year old's), and some of it is art/alchemy/juju. Hopefully the right combo works on the most bodies, but every body is different and tricky!

    ReplyDelete